Peifer, William [OCDUS] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "The Party is Over", by Gianfranco Irlanda
> The hands really seem to tell a story here.  I looked through
the PUG in
> order, and this shot appeared after several which dealt with
September 11
> themes.  In light of this, I wonder what the two people at
this party were
> talking about.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the kind comments.
On the 11th of September my girlfriend and I took Fulvia, the
girl in the picture, to a job interview in a little town near
Naples. We received the news on my cellular phone by SMS, then
my brother called to inform us. When Fulvia ended the interview
we hurried to my girlfriend's house which... is near the
airport.
The scenary was really scaring. On one side the images on the TV
screen, on the other a bunch of military aircrafts flying around
over our heads (Naples is a NATO base). Fulvia was the most
worried of the three.
No wonder if at the equinox time she was still badly worried
about it.

Gianfranco
http://shopping.yahoo.com