Not much after PMA there was a 'rumour' that german Pentax fan forum users
met the german Pentax guys to test the K20D and they said there will be
two new Pentax cams at Photokina, one with 3 digits and one with 1 digits.
So K2D (since K1D existed as a prototype) is very probable and I hope the
3 digit one is the 645D (remember PMA? There was a hint about 645D).

I believe the K2D will use the new Full Frame Samsung CMOS and hopefully
not targeted to be a competitor to the Pro (Canon EOS 1D MarkIV/Nikon D3)
level but the EOS 5D/D700.

K1000D low budget cam? I don't really think that would be necessary. The
K200D is very well placed in the budget category (it's cheap enough but
with only a few compromises need to made). A few bucks cheaper cam would
make no sense at all to me (like Canon EOS 1000D...) since so far Pentax
seemed to me to target quality over marketing features.

An "entry-level" MF camera would be a big hit and nowadays the technology
is ready for a cheaper production. If Pentax could manage to sell it
around a bit higher than the EOS 1Ds MarkIV (approx 10K$) then it could
easily take place next to the Pro Level DSLRs of Canon and Nikon. Lens are
already available for the 645 system... So let's hope :D Also at
http://www.pentaximaging.com/purchase/find_a_store you can still see the
product category: digital medium format.

Cheers,
.t