Hi Ted

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:45:09 -0500, "Ted Beilby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> Finally have gotten something online for our work and looking for
> suggestions while I work on it.
>
> www.beilbyvisualarts.com
>
> Comments desired and appreciated. Still trying to get it all worked out
> and
> will be adding more pages and photos soon.

Congratulations on getting a web site up - it can be frustrating to get
the images and layout looking the way you want but it's worth the
effort.

Others have commented on the fact that some images are far too large for
quick display on a web site.  It seems that you have resized many of the
images to their correct display size but others are being resized by the
browser from very large images, and this slows down the time it takes
for the pages to load. People are just not going to be that patient! For
example on the "Ted's Images" page your "needles and trees" image is
being resized by the browser from the full 10MB (2592 x 3872 pixels)
image.

I notice also that you have a "right click disabled" script running.  I
really think this is a waste of time for two reasons: 1)  it can be
counter-productive for potential customers as it basically tells your
visitors that you think they are thieves (they may well be, but those
that aren't might feel aggrieved and less inclined to buy) and, 2) it
doesn't do anything useful - if someone wants to steal an image, they
can just drag it to their desktop (this is how I found out the size of
"needles and trees" - I've now deleted it from my desktop, by the way
:-)>

My only other comment on the layout is that the pages involve quite a
lot of scrolling.  I much prefer photo sites where the images are
presented as a gallery of thumbnails that link to larger images for
better viewing.

Good luck with the site.

Cheers

Brian