----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Desjardins"
Subject: Re: Photos from space, K10D

>I like the "impact resistant" box.  I wonder how it would hold up
> meeting the dirt at terminal velocity.

A lifetime ago, I worked for a camera store. One day a camera came in for
repair.
Except not a repair, more of a reasurrance check.
Apparently, at the Moose Jaw Air Force base, they have guys who jump out of
perfectly good
airplanes.
one day, one of them decided to take a Minolta Maxxum 7000 with him on his jump.
Anyway, the wost happened, and the camera fell free when the parachute opened.
The fellow was able to follow it to the ground, and this is the camera that I
talk about.
Minolta cleaned the dirt off of it as a gratuity (it had hit a freshly plowed
wheat field),
replaced a broken gear under warranty and sent it back to us.

Woops, thunder storm.
Gotta go.

William Robb