In Berlin, near the Reichstag, stand two beautiful modern office buildings, for
the Bundestag (Parliament).

As noted in a previous post, the building here stands in the former "killing
ground" of the Berlin Wall.  The seven crosses in the left foreground
memorialize the seven young men who died trying to swim across the canal to
freedom, having scaled the Wall.

As a "child of the 60's", I find the reunification of Germany, and the creation
of beauty at the site of brutality, to be wonderful things.  Herewith my meager
photographic effort.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=7618249&size=lg

K10D, DA 10-17 fisheye, ISO 100, f/8 at 1/500, RAW via LR.

My earlier photo of the same site is here, but I like the new one better:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=7568895&size=lg

Cheers,

Rick