Maybe it was the weird toothpicks with the barbs on the end that gave it
away...

I only ate there once, literally on a flying visit.  Had a mystery meat
burger.

Actually, the porcupine was discovered by a health inspector.   Most people
in town (including my brother, who lived there at the time) thought it was
very funny.  It was the 1970s, in a small northern village where much of the
diet came from the land. Porcupine was a not unusual item for people out on
the land, but it didn't show up in town much.  From most reports it does
taste something like chicken.   Moose was the real staple.

Coincidentally, I lived in that village for a couple of years in the early
80s. By then the porcupine restaurant had folded.  I was a regular at the
Sub Arctic Inn restaurant, a tiny Chinese place with great character. If I
can find a pic tomorrow I'll post it.

John