> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > I love the picture at the top of this webpage:
> > http://theslowbicycle.blogspot.com/

[...]
> BTW, speaking of bikes, congrats to Britain for basically owning the
> Olympic velodrome.  Chris Hoy is such a freaking monster!  We didn't
> get any coverage of the velodrome here at all (no Canadian
contenders
> whatsoever), so I can't wait until this stuff starts to make it's
way
> onto YouTube...

Yes, nice to see my lottery money being put to good use.

The Australians are bit miffed about Team GB doing so well compared to
them in the medals table. Although Aus and GB are equal in total
number, GB has more golds. Britain is in a state of shock, but the
Aussies are whinging in rather a witty way, for example, GB only wins
the 'sitting down' sports, like yachting, rowing and cycling; and I
heard one Aussie on the radio this morning say that Britain is a land
with not many swimming pools, and not much soap either.

The 2 sports ministers have a bet on which country will win the most
medals in total. The loser has to wear the other country's team shirt
at a major sporting event in their own country.

Bob