Last week I bought a Pentax 18-250 lens to use as a travel lens. On
my last trip I used a K100 with a Sigma 18-50 kit lens, and used my
sp550 for long shots and videos and was planning to use the new lens
on my K10 for my next trip. I have been testing it on my K10 on
various subjects and conditions since then. Close ups of very small
objects like spiders are the main problem with it. For very small
objects I get better results with my SP550, which can get good
results with a lot of cropping. I have a Pentax 18-55 and a Tamron
70-300 that I have been using at home. Should I be able to get good
colseups with the 18-250 lens? I would like to get a macro but as
with the faster lens than the 18-250 it is out of my reach for now.

Thanks
Mike