> > Here are some of the pictures from the weekend:
> > http://www.web-options.com/TP2008/
> >
> > The source itself is the very dry stone monument, picture
> 4. Picture 7
> > shows Lyd Well, which is where the water first flows permanently,
> > few hundred yards from the source. It is, however, a well not a
> > spring. I think the Romans dug it. The cows seem to too.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> I dig cows, with or without guns
>
> http://www.web-options.com/TP2008/content/_8308296_large.html
> Lovely John Constable moment
>
> http://www.web-options.com/TP2008/content/_8308306_large.html
> BFF beef

Thanks. I'm driving myself mad trying to find the picture by Constable
with the cattle in the water. I didn't think about it at the time, but
there was definitely some memory of it tickled - I thought the scene
seemed familiar from wildlife programmes, and the cows were
fantasising about being water buffalo. If anyone can remember the name
of the painting, or provide a link, it may restore my sanity.

Bob