FWIW, the cans of compressed air I've seen usually include a "DO NOT USE ON
CAMERA MIRRORS" warning, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because the
propellant will sometimes escape, which is fantastically cold, or because
the air is vented with quite a bit of force.

I've never been bothered by a little dust on the mirror. I suppose that if
you had *a lot* of dust, you'd have problems with metering and focusing.