 From: Chris Brogden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:35:22 -0600 (CST)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RE: teleconverter 2x

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, David Brooks wrote:

> My ??? is,does the converter affect the meter reading of the
> camera(screwmount conveter so using SP500 or the SP or S3)or will the
> meter give a proper output. Also will it "soften"my primes or should
> they stay fairly sharp.

A TTL meter (like the one in the Spotmatics) will take the TC into account
when determining exposure, so you don't need to compensate.  If you're
using a clip-on meter with a camera like the meterless S3, then you need
to add compensation... usually a stop or two.

Any extra glass will soften your lenses.  NPS seems to be a relatively
cheap brand, so I'd suspect it softens them more than, say, a Pentax brand
TC would.  That's just a guess, though.

chris
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,

---- End Original Message ----

Pentax User
Stouffville Ontario Canada

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail