Of course it's $2000 better, it says "Leitz Wetzlar" on it, doesn't it?

John Sessoms wrote:
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I don't know if you know this site:
http://www.leitax.com/index.html

But I found it really interesting... Sharp Leica lens on Pentax K? Sounds really promising to me :)

It is interesting, but I'm not sure I see any advantage. It's 68 Euros for the adapter, which I understand permanently attaches to the lens so it will fit the K-bayonent, so I could then do stopped down metering with the lens mounted.

Looking at eBay for Leica R lenses as suggested, I found a Leica Elmarit-R 24mm F/2.8 Lens for $1,199.00

... but I already have a Pentax 24mm F/2.8 SMC A lens that seems to me to be excellent glass, AND it doesn't require stop down metering with my K10D.

If I didn't have that lens, I could have it in two days from KEH EX+ for $325.

Ok, I'll grant Leica made a better lens, but is it $2000 better?

You get further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.
        --Al Capone.