Thank you, William A., John Francis, Mike Wilson, John Sessoms, P.J., Boris, Cotty, Derby, Godfrey, Doug, Bob Sullivan, Christine, and anyone I missed for your thoughts re: my pain and anger at my stupidity in the loss of most of my best (older) gear.

I can live without the 67 and it's lenses, but I'd rather not have to. They only get used when I think I can produce something from a scene in no other way. That, and being able to break out my old lantern slide projector to marvel at the clarity of a 6x7 slide projected on a 120" screen. My fall back is much more cumbersome, shooting 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheet film or using the split frame 4 x 5 back on my Deardorff.

Anyone want to buy that 8 x 10 Deardorff? Lots of different backs, lens boards, film holders, and odd lenses, most unmounted! Oh, by the way, I have no way of proving it's actually a Deardorff, as the front standard looks as though it has been chrome plated at some time, and a round base plate has been added that is not of Deardorff origin. And it does not have the Deardorff lens board strips. However, I've been assured that it is most likely a 1940~1947 model, not a military version. The lens board recess has rounded corners. Military versions were square.

The killer for me is both the loss of my FA* lenses, and my rare birds, the A*135 1.8, the 28 shift, and especially the very useful A 15mm 3.5.

I've email all the local used camera stores, and am going to notify the Puget Sound Photographic Collectors Society. Anyone know of a national registry that will list such things?

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian