----- Original Message -----
From: "Shel Belinkoff"
Subject: Re: Using a Yellow Filter

> I understand that, but let's get back to one of the original
questions.
> If there is less blue in the light, which is what, in essence,
a yellow
> filter prevents from reaching the film, would the filter
factor change?

It would seem logical that it would, but I am not so sure. If
the ambient light is already -blue, then the exposure factor
would change based on that colour deficiency (the combination of
meter error and film speed shift necessitating the adjustment),
but the filter factor should stay the same.
I think the exposure adjustment in the situation you describe
would be filter factor + exposure factor = exposure adjustment.
Am I making any sense here?
William Robb