Nice portrait, Bob.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 7:29 AM
Subject: Photography help in Fez

When I arrived in Fez I found that I had forgotten to pack my spare
batteries and battery chargers, so I had arrived with only the battery
in the vertical grip. When I'd stopped hyperventilating I set off for
the French-built part of town, which is a modern city, in the hope of
being able to pick something up and, if not, buy a new camera.

On the way there I spotted this place:
http://www.web-options.com/Fez1.jpg

The old man and his son who ran it opened the shop for me and spent a
long time searching through their piles of stuff, but they didn't have
what I needed, unfortunately. Nevertheless, I spent a pleasant time
with them and the older man showed me some photographs he'd taken on a
trip to London in the 1970s - mainly Buckingham Palace and telephone
boxes. I took a picture of him by the light of the small window you
can see in the shop:
http://www.web-options.com/Fez2.jpg

Later that day I did manage to find a small, genuine Olympus battery
for the camera and a rather dodgy but effective Chinese charger, so I
was rescued. But lesson learned!

Bob