Here are some photos I took wandering around the Mellah last week:
http://www.web-options.com/Mellah/

I'm particularly interested to hear your views about the colour
balance in these shots. The colour is what attracted me to the scene,
but in the unprocessed raw state it appears to have a very strong
colour cast - possibly I had the white balance wrong on the camera. I
have used LR to set them to a more neutral colour, but in doing so I'm
worried I may have lost some of the original impact. I can't trust my
own colour vision or memory.

Bob