Norm Baugher wrote:
Bullshitt. If he was shooting digital and he had the exposures on his computer no one would say a thing....
Norm

Oh, I think some would, as it's not a matter of what media was used, at all...

Seems to me, the entire object of recording an image is so you or others can view that scene, exactly as you saw it through your eyes, whenever desired. All the rest obtains from that image capture and storage, no matter where and how it's stored.

Unless and until those images are made available for viewing, even the photographer's own personal viewing, might just as well not have taken them.

If you take the camera out of the equation, just do the traveling, and let the memory (the images) of the entire experience remain only in your brain cells.

If the _act_ of taking a photograph is all there is, why bother with film or a memory card? Keep your battery charged and go thru the motions, because capturing the image is not the end product ~ being in a place of your choosing to experience the environment at that very moment and clicking the shutter is.

In light of which, absent the image, it boils down to being a wholly selfish act, doesn't it.
Sharing is absent, too, isn't it.

That's not being critical, it's simply an observation of the process.

keith whaley