> MX - Have just aquired a nice MX for a song. Everything seems

What does that mean?  My English is OK but I have never been able to
figure out the expression...  :))

> to be ok except
> that the more I used it, the more the viewfinder looked like
> the bottom of an
> ashtray. I took the lens off and a heap of black foam fell out. It's not
> sticky, but was obviously there for a reason. Can this be
> repaired?? Does it
> need to be repaired.

When I got my first SLR, an MX the first thing I did is tried to clean it
with compressed air.  It virtually destroyed the foam :)) Since then the
camera has been working fine.  Its main purpose (correct me if I'm wrong)
is to chuisson the mirror when it flaps up.  It also seals some light.
But it is rare to see any camera that has the foam intact.  Especially
cameras as old as MXs.  Get it replaced if someone takes the camera apart
anyway, otherwise I would not worry about it.

> The only other "problem" is the little
> black plastic bit
> that covers the centre of the self timer lever is missing. The

I think you can live with that, can't you?

> camera came
> with a M200/4 M35/2 and M50/1.4.

NICE!  I use the M 50mm 1.4 great lens!!!

> I suspect it's all been kept
> oin the boot
> (trunk) of a car because the lens cases are very cracked and
> "dry". Are they
> leather?? I can't make out if they are or not. If they were
> leather I'd put a
> little treatment on the cases to stop further deterioration.

Cases get roughed up.  If they still serve the purpose of protecting your
lenses that is what you should worry about mainly.  Be glad they were kept
in cases.

> I now have a dilemma. Which 35/2 to rid myself of. I have the K and M
> versions. Someone decide for me please!

:))  I might be interested, though I an a little low on cash (I actually
should be looking for an 85mm anyway), but those are both good lenses.
You can read some reviews at it's all praise.

http://www.concentric.net/~smhalpin/BriefComments.html#Normal%20Prime

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/ has some subjective tests, but frankly I have
no clude what an lpm is.  Is higher or lower the better?

I think decision should depend on which one is more comfortable, which one
fits your filters.  Optically they are both really good.

So what's your price??  (please e-mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you
want to talk, that is my main personal address, the one I am writing from
now is reserved for mailing lists)

Levente -Levi- Littvay
University of Nebraska-Lincoln