On Oct 16, 2008, at 09:01 , "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A topic from the dorkforum leads me here.

When a lens type is imbedded in the EXIF data, is the lens telling the camera what it is in specific terms (IE: DA35mm f/2.8 macro) or is the lens sending a trigger value to the camera which then inserts the correct lens info from a self contained data base?

Thanks

William Robb

I think I have to agree that the lens name is from an internal body database. My K10 nor my K20 do not know the lens model when my DA 18-250 mm or the 12-24mm is used, just the focal length at the time the shot is taken. But in the case of an older FA lens, it does fill in the Lens Model name, no problem. That might be because neither of those lenses is manufactured by Pentax, only badged?

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian