January: nudes: I'm serious: I'd like to try making a picture of a person nude. Never done that. I asked my sister if she'd pose, and I got the "I would if I lost 30 pounds" reply, but I might be able to fine someone. And I think the new year should be brought in in an authentic birthday suit.

February: Personal suffering on a large scale. This is my birthday month & I'm turning 49. Where did the time go? My last birthday of my 40s. :-/

March:  Abstract

April:  Splash--water--splash--water

May: Roots: forget the flowers--let's focus on the roots--maybe family roots

June:  Transportation

July:  Travel or motion blur (or travel sickness-:-))

August:  Clouds

September:  monochrome

October:  candy macro

November:  Women yearning men would do the dishes aka Women at Work

December: around the hearth--or faux hearth for those who don't have access to a real fire place

Ok--there's my 2 cents. :-)
Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Loveless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Howdy.  If you take a look at http://www.pdmlpug.org/, over on the
right, under themes, is a link for the December submit form.  Once
we've decided on a list for next year, I'll put them all in place so
that you can submit photos for any month any time you want.

PUG themes. Here are some ideas that were tossed around a couple months ago.

out of focus
motion blur
camera shake (hand-held)
camera shake (supported on running vehicle)
things growing out of peoples heads
deadly dull composition
almost action ( just missed the subject)
monochrome
nudes
abstract
monochrome nudes, etc.
War
Plague
Famine
General suffering on a large scale
The antichrist
Dressage
Gary Glitter
Women yearning
Swarms of locusts
Death
Kittens
Pestilence
Bob

More seriously -

Transportation
Posed
Monochrome (channeling Knarf here)
Anything else your camera club does

I personally prefer the "genre" themes, but we just did a year of
that.  So whatever you guys and gals decide on......

Email address.  I moved my pdml subscription back to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I, more or less, abandoned that address about a
year ago because of the daily google hiccups I was experiencing.  It
seems to have gotten a bit more reliable.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] still
exists.  My main, non-listy, email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
manual PUG entries can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Feel free
to contact me on any of those.  They all end up in the same place
anyway.

That is all.

--
Scott Loveless