-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bob Walkden
Sent: 10 December 2001 21:03
To: Malcolm Smith
Subject: Re: LX hunting

Hi,

there are usually a few knocking around in London. I noticed one on
Saturday at London Camera Exchange on the Strand, although I didn't
check the condition. It was priced at £350- but they'd probably move
on that. It had a Grip B and the strap lugs with it, which are worth
£20-30. Pentax in Slough can apparently service them, although I've
never used their facilities directly. There are other people around
who can fix it, probably including Sendean on Oxford St..

At one time I had 3 LXs and made sure that I got as long a warranty as
possible so that I could get the sticky mirror problem repaired under
warranty (always necessary). When you buy a used LX you must be
prepared for this problem, and factor it into the overall cost, but
once it's been fixed it should last at least another 15-20 years. But,
finding a technician who can work on them isn't necessarily
straightforward.

There is an organisation called the Pentax Club which publishes the
worst photo magazine in this part of the galaxy but which does
regularly have private ads for LXs at pretty decent prices.

Warranty claims are not invalidated by distance. If you're willing to
ship the thing around the country they have to honour it.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"You don't stir the water before fishing"
- Henri Cartier-Bresson