On Oct 21, 2008, at 07:36 , "JC OConnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since medium format already has/had so many formats, 645,6x6,6x7,6x8,6x9
Etc, I strongly doubt any camera company or photographers are going to
Us the simple term "FF"

           <Snip>

How this branch of the conversation began was that someone belittled
Olympus
over not ever being able to go "full frame" because they were "stuck"
with a
lens mount incapable of supporting it. I pointed out that Olympus has a
different platform that was intended to be the size it is, in which