On 10/23/08, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, they are all dumb, aren't they?
>
>  My computer clock all of a sudden can't keep time anymore. Is this the
> battery on the motherboard dying?

Probably.  That's the most likely explanation, anyway.  If you've made
any changes to your BIOS settings, you might want to make a note of
them before replacing the battery.  They will probably reset to the
default settings.

Most motherboards will shut down the clock when when the PC is off if
the battery voltage starts to drop.  This means your clock isn't
keeping time.  You could also be losing a little time even when it's
on.

The next most common cause would be a faulty clock.  This is rare and
would probably have been noticeable when the PC was new.  If that
turns out to be the case you'll have to replace the motherboard.

>  Anyway, I'm off to the salt mine.
>  Theres no salt, but that's what makes the work so hard.

Got pepper?

--
Scott Loveless
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, USA