Very nice capture Godfrey, but in my minimalist mode I see a stronger image by cropping out some of the sky above & to the right of the birds on the lines. I also see the tree as a destraction - YMMV

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PESO 2008 - 158 - GDG

I continue my early morning walks. These days, leaving the apartment at 6am, it's almost an hour before dawn with sunrise happening about 20-25 minutes later. I usually go about a 1-1.2 mile walk, stop for coffee and do some reading, and then walk back in the dawn twilight. I love watching the twilight melt into sunrise.

Some of my companions on the walk do also...

  http://homepage.mac.com/godders/158-watchingdawn.jpg
  Watching Dawn - Sunnyvale 2008
  Panasonic L1 + Olympus 35mm f/3.5 lens
  ISO 1600 @ f/3.5 @ 1/1000 sec

Yes, I needed the high shutter speed to freeze their movements ... :-)

Comments and critique always appreciated.

enjoy
Godfrey