Hello Cory,

I've had somewhat similar experiences.  The higher end Epsons seem to
be much better about head clogs (not happening), but I have thrown
away 3 low end Epsons with exactly your experience.  I have an HP
sitting here for the last couple of years with nary a hiccup.

My general recommendation to people is if they print very sparingly,
to get an HP.  If they print quite a bit, then perhaps go the Epson
route.  Mind you, these are not photo printing people as a rule, just
the regular shmoe who prints on plain paper.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

follow the directions.