I submitted them on a CD for projection on a 1024x768 projector, so 1024 was the maximum length of the horizontal. The files had to be TIFFs in Adobe RGB. I exported them as specified from Lightroom, but didn't do any sharpening or other work on the tiffs. The results were very disappointing - flat looking, soft, no
snap, so they were justified in what they said.

Bob I've done several CDs of my images for digital projection (workshop & church use) & have come up the following sharpening routine for projection -

+ After all sizing has been done, just before I save, I apply 3 rounds of unsharp mask -
1st round - @ 100/0.4/2.0   <Amount/radius/threshold>
2nd & 3rd rounds @125/0.2/0.

I'm in the habit of applying only to the Lightness channel in LAB mode but I'm not sure it makes any difference for projection.

Works for me - hope this helps you !

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RPS Workshop

Had an interesting time at the RPS Workshop where I showed some of my Fez photos today. In short they took quite a battering. Not for the content or subject matter, although of course some pictures were stronger than others, but for the
technical quality.

I submitted them on a CD for projection on a 1024x768 projector, so 1024 was the maximum length of the horizontal. The files had to be TIFFs in Adobe RGB. I exported them as specified from Lightroom, but didn't do any sharpening or other work on the tiffs. The results were very disappointing - flat looking, soft, no snap, so they were justified in what they said. I've no idea why the quality was
so poor - I have to do some investigating.

I may consider prints though, and a different style of presentation.

Thanks to everyone who helped in the selection and sequencing. Watch this space.

Bob