Hi William: That's very nice. Dogs look great. I'm convinced. I'm gonna get mine done. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:59 AM
Subject: General Rambling

S, I bought a Drobo a while back for external back-ups. I fed it 3x750gb Seagates and dropped a whole bunch of stuff onto it, some 375gb worth of stuff eventually. I was looking for something yestrday and realized that I had put a whole bunch of duplicate files on it by dropping entire back ups onto it rather than doing incremental additions so... I downloaded a duplicate detection program and found something like 3400 duplicate files, which I nuked. Now the Drobo has about 250gb of used space, but it took it almost 3 hours of chugging away to get itself straight again.
I presume it defragged itself and did some file shuffling.
Eventually, the noise of multiple hard drives ticking away becomes as annoying as the neighbour's dog barking at 3 in the morning. I'm still happy with the thing, but I wish I had waited the month or so for the Firewire version.
And would have, if I had known about it.....

And.....
I published a small book using the good folks over at blurb.com.
http://www.blurb.com/books/384637
I ordered a copy of it as a trial, and am very impressed with their work. It wasn't really cheap, to be sure, but the quality is definitely there. What I see on my monitor is pretty much exactly what they published in the book.

William Robb