From: "Scott Loveless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On 10/27/08, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 26/10/08, PN Stenquist, discombobulated, unleashed:
> >

> >  >Some nice classic early Kodachromes here:
> >  >http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/ALookBackInHistory.htm
> >

> > Fascinating, thanks for posting Paul.
> > Agreed. That article mentions Charles Cushman. He shot A LOT of
> Kodachrome.  http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/cushman/

I was a bit unhappy about the designation of "pre-war" to a few of the photos.
Knowing (sad git that I am) that the Boeing Stratoliner did not enter service until late
1940, I managed to find the Cushman photo that is in the presentation.
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/cushman/results/detail.do?query=year%3A1941+AND+subject%3A%22Airplanes%22&page=1&pagesize=20&display=thumbcap&action=browse&pnum=P02541

October 1941.

Then I remembered that WWII didn't start until December 7th 1941.  What a
dumbass.

For the U.S.A. it did. For Britain, France and Germany it started September 1, 1939.