From: mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> For some time now, I have wanted to find a way of viewing Pentax RAW files > (PEF) in Windows Explorer.
> I found this answer on that other forum.
> > http://forum.idimager.com/viewtopic.php?t=3150 > > It allows Explorer to thumbnail PEF files, and as an added bonus, it > thumbnails Adobe PSD files as well. > It doesn't work with Vista, and I don't know if it works with any emulation > of XP other than Pro. > It does initially bog Explorer down quite badly (well, actually, it freezes > it solid) as the files get thumbnailed , but once that happens, it's all > good.

Does it do that at every startup/access of the picture directory, or is it a
one-off?

My experience with it, it's every time you open a folder including PEF files.

Just open the folder, and go make a pot of coffee.

By the time you've drunk 3 or 4 cups, it will have rendered the thumbnails and you're good to go.

No more problems until you change to a different folder.

YMMV.