Also sometimes the two bodies have complimentary features.  Eg if you
have MZ-5N and MZ-7, one has spotmetering, DOF preview etc and the other
has multiple exposure mode, IR remote etc

If you have top end bodies (as pros might), then two of the same would
probably be best as most features should be present on the single body.

However, I often have B&W in one and Colour in another or Slide in one
and negs in the other, or 800ASA in one and 50ASA in the other.  Two of
the same body would increase the chances of me picking up the wrong body
for the shot.  With two different bodies I know instantly which film is
in which withough having to check the tiny window on the back.

A similar interface would be nice though.  I am kinda hoping the MZ-D
will have identical picture taking functions as MZ-S with the addition
of all the digital functions on seperate controls on the back.