On Nov 3, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

... Of course, you have to be alert with all low-margin mail-order
companies, especially NY/NJ-based, including B&H. And the typical somewhat
"rough" manner of the customer service-client relation typical to NYC
appears rude to people living, say, in MidWest. ...

I would not include B&H Photo in the same class with BuyDig and other "low-margin mail-order companies".

B&H Photo is a huge operation, with a massive brick and mortar store and several enormous warehouses, probably a couple billion dollars in business annually. I've been doing business with them for 20+ years, to the tune of several to tens of thousands of dollars a year, and there has *never* been a case when a problem of any kind was not professionally and effectively handled, in a timely manner.

They are the premier professional photographic retailer in the United States, and possibly the world. They may be gruff on the phone but, hey, I grew up in New York too.

"So waddaya want? Pleasantries? Dis is biz'ness."   ]:-)

Godfrey