A shot that speaks clearly and unequivocally. Nicely composed and rendered. Well done.

I remember playing with soldiers exactly like that as a child. Along with the other kids on my block, I'd stage mock battles in the dirt of my little backyard. Military service was still a glorious thing in those days. The memories of victory in the big war were still fresh in the minds of our parents.

I recall when I was about five years old -- that would have been 1953 -- a neighbor came home who had been MIA in the Pacific theater. The street was hung with flags and banners, and the entire neighborhood partied well into the night. It was a different time.
Paul