It works. Modern gadgets have too many GPSes in them, so that checking your location on your own GPS unit may become a habit of homo citydwellerus...

Boris

frank theriault wrote:
This isn't my best subway shot ever, probably not even my best subway
shot this week, but it's why I love shooting "underground".

There are a few places along our subway lines where the trains come
out of tunnels and ride in the open for several minutes.  It's funny
nowadays:  many people reach for their cellphones (and now i-Phones
and Blackberries) for truncated conversations and surfing.  One day
I'll catch a bunch of people on camera doing just that, but last
weekend it was just this fellow.

What I really like about this sort of ultra-wide shot is taking a look
at what everyone else is doing in the car.  Some sleeping (or at least
with their eyes shut).  Some reading.  Some in conversation.  Some
just staring blankly into space.  It may not be great photography, but
it says something about human nature, IMHO.

Hope you enjoy:

http://knarf-underground.blogspot.com/2008/11/out-of-tunnel-check-your-i-phone.html

cheers,
frank