Rick, I am more piddling (or is it less piddling?! ;-) ) than you are.
I've about 12,500 exposures on my K10D which I bought just after 2007
started. So, say it is 12,500 exposures in 22 months. I shot slightly
less than 10,000 exposures with my *istD during 2 years prior to that.
And the roll count of my ZX-L (MZ-6) is more or less same as yours.

Boris

--
Boris