I have no idea how this place stays open.  It's Toronto's most
infamous after-hours club.  Been around forever, only open two nights
per week for a couple of hours.  Selling booze after hours is quite
illegal, yet this place does it openly.  Okay, maybe not quite openly.
 You pay the cover, walk in and some old lady sells mickeys of rye for
about three times what you'd pay at the liquor store.  Then you go to
"the bar" and buy your mixer.  Then you sit down and drink it.

Everyone knows it's there, everyone knows it's illegally selling
liquor, yet they've never (to my knowledge) been raided or closed
down.

If you've ever had an image of what an illegal boozecan might look
like, this is likely it:

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2008/11/torontos-infamous-boozecan.html

cheers,
frank