Hi Walt: Great story! and tell your friend Christine from Chicago sends a hearty salute to him and the Wolf Pack. :-) Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Hamler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:56 PM
Subject: PESO: Emergency Strip

http://walthamler.smugmug.com/gallery/4592986_mrB5J#420702323_i4KP4-XL-LB

Maybe a little OT but a fun story.
A gent in our church flew B-25's in WWII, in New Guinea, Phillippines,
and Japan. He joined in 44 at age 19 and by age 20 had flown 27 combat
missions.
We were talking a few weeks ago and he described the B-25 he flew, a J
model with the solid nose and 8 machine guns as opposed to the clear
nosed versions.
He even described the nose that had a Wolf's head with barred teeth,
as their squadron was called the "Wolf Pack."  I went on the web
looking for models of the J version. Only one was ever made and was
pretty hard to find, but luckily I found one here in Orlando at the
local Camera and Hobby store.
I just finished it today and tonight I took it to him at our Wed night
"Aviation Group" meeting. He was in tears as he looked it over
closely. He said that it was from the same squadron as his, the 38th
Bomber Group. He didn't recognize the painting of the "Naked Lady" on
the side but allowed that one may have been painted like that at some
time. :-)

Walt