FF 3.0.4 looks good, I expect that it's how you intended.  Logo and text are
pale grey.
IE 7.0 is almost the same BUT the links to other pages are blue.

"Recent photographs" looks the same in both browsers, even the links are the
same colour.

>From the distances I can read I'd guess that young Bob is in Tunis (I can't
read Rome's distance which would clinch it).  Am I correct?

Regards, Anthony