Brian W. wrote:

> I enjoyed the linked photos, but I still can't decide to sell an excellent
> lens and buy another excellent (lighter, but shorter?) lens, especially if
> the focal length is significantly shorter than the length (and what length
> is that?) that works for me. I'm sorta-kinda leaning towards
> self-enablement. Should somebody stop me?

Brian,
Why not get the smaller, lighter, cheaper ($200) 100/3.5 macro for hiking
and simply leave the 85/1.4 at home? The 85mm is really too good to sell--a
wonderful lens, one of Pentax's best. And a slightly longer macro would
serve for both landscape details and closeup work.

With lenses, it's always "cheaper to keep her."

--Mike