On Nov 29, 2008, at 9:44 PM, Joseph McAllister wrote:

John, I was on the digest for many months this summer, and I finally had to give up and go to one at a time viewing. The digest screws up in so many ways at random intervals, leaving out all the headers, so you don't know what's from who, not publishing the "on such and such so and so wrote", publishing a whole list of nothing but the headers, sending out duplicates (2 of every message in the same digest.) . When someone reports that it has not hiccup'd in six months, I may go back to it, as it is more effecient use of my time.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

This is the first I've heard of it, Joe. I get the digest delivered to two addresses and haven't seen these issues with either one in the random samples I've checked. I'll take a closer look at them to see if I have examples of what you mentioned.