Jeez. I had to go to Wikipedia to find out what Poms referred to. Guess I don't get out enough.

Joseph McAllister
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Nov 30, 2008, at 17:05 , David Savage wrote:

2008/12/1 Joseph McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Nov 30, 2008, at 13:27 , Derby Chang wrote:

Laneways in Sydney are being developed as entertainment precincts, based on the model in Melbourne. We aren't there yet, but this is a good start
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/08/08_11/08_11_tetris/01.htm

Now there's a bit o'slang from down under I've not heard before. Laneways.

Not an Aussie term, it's a "proper' English name for a narrow road or
access/service road.

The Poms use the term more than us.