Thanks Anthony,

Did a bit of a fix, but I think I could spend a lot more time tweaking. If in the right mood, this is quite a pleasant pastime.

Bob, the scanner is the venerable Epson 3200 Photo. Works reasonably well for MF.

Joseph, I suspect the garbage is the negative (uneven developing, washing?). It comes up in the raw scan and not on every frame.

Thanks for the comments.

Anthony Farr wrote:
Very nice, Derby.
The step in the handrail would be a result of the tripod head's vertical
axis not being centred under the nodal point of the lens (front or rear
nodal point?  I don't know).   You might recover the lost width of the
handrail from a cropped out part of one of the frames, if there was enough
overlap.  Just copy the piece from the uncropped frame and paste it on the
pan as a new layer.  When it's aligned merge it down.  If the missing piece
isn't there to be recovered, you'll have to bump the edge out by copying a
slice of the edge and pasting it across into it's proper place, then do some
random cloning in the middle to disguise the join.

There's also a funky join where the lightpole intersects the footpath, in
front of one of the green roadsigns.  The taillight streaks drop out for a
short way and you should cut and paste the missing streaks from an original
frame if they're there.  The lighting quality also changes at that join so
you should do a little local dodge and burn to blend the difference.

Regards, Anthony