Bob W wrote:
There's a font named after him. Here's what I found out:

" The surge in the popularity of Rockwell must have come from somewhere. The
Times Magazine's use of the face goes back at least to 2001, though it has
been used more prominently since 2004. One might think that Apple's decision
to bundle Rockwell with the release of its Tiger operating system in 2005 is
also part of what sparked the resurgence. But could Apple's position as
weathervane of the creative world be that pervasive?"

http://www.urbanfonts.com/blog/about-rockwell-font/

Ironically enough, I'm /very/ familiar with the the font. I have the Microsoft OpenType version, but only five faces within the family. I'm not sure how faithfully it reproduces the original Monotype version, since I don't have any good examples of the original. I use it for logos and headlines and things on our web site (http://NutDriver.org), but I don't know how common it is. I really should break down and do graphic text logos so that the appearance comes through even on machines that don't have the font. I'm loathe to do that, though, due to display resolution differences.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)