On 13 Dec 2001 at 23:24, Frantisek Vlcek wrote:

> Hi,
>    anybody knows what this technique is? I heard E-20 digicam uses
>    darkframe substitution to reduce noise, any pointers on it in
>    photoshop? I wanted to postprocess my digital files, removing noise
>    already with LAB mode or quantum mechanics, but neither is much
>    good for luminance noise.

Hi Frantisek,

I think how it is done on the E-20 is that a sample is shot with the sensor at
the same speed as the shot but with no light falling on the sensor the inverted
result is then added to the wanted image. If you wished to do the same thing it
would depend of course what capture media that you are referring to and
exposure time, curves, contrast control, colour balance, sharpening would need
to remain constant ?

Cheers,
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA