P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wasn't happy with the two ad hoc photos of this so now with tripod!
> (And some interesting flair on the first, SMC lenses are usually so well
> behaved that I don't see much of this.  I thought it was in the camera
> prism when I was making the photo)
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~morephotos/PESO%20--%20uivrv.html
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~morephotos/PESO%20--%20uihrv.html

Great. Nice location. I take it there's been a devil of a spotlight just
right of the frame.

I've learnt over the years that a sunshade is even more important at
night than during daylight hours. Trouble is, most of these ufo's aren't
even visible in the viewfinder or only after you've stopped down.

This is where a piece of equipment comes in that has mostly been ignored
by the last few generations of photographers, with the exception of the
large-format guys: the compendium. I have a small self-supporting one
made especially for 35 mm cameras by Camera Bellows (since taken over by
Lee) which has saved me on more than one occasion.

The second shot could do with a tad more contrast in my opinion.

But I really like them. If ever this place is near your home, do go
there again and show us a few more.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de