Last summer I put four Energizer AA lithium cells into the *ist D. I used it all summer, carried it to Munich in August where I took 832 pictures (RAW). Why so few? Because it was raining all the time. I've been using the camera on and off since then. Both with lenses (some autofcous) and on the microscope. The battery indicator still reads full. I don't actually know how many pictures I've taken, but I'm sure it's more than 1000. I used the flash on several occasions as well. Now we're going to Helsinki for Xmas and I'm charging up a few sets up NiMH just in case. It would seem the figures in the Pentax manual are conservative?

I'm going to buy a couple of packs of those Lithiums for an Xmas present to me.

Dr E D F Williams
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams/
Post Office, 41660 TOIVAKKA, Finland
Alternative eMail: don.donwilli...@gmail.com