Scott,
Same newscasters here in Chicago.

'OMG we're gonna have a big winter storm.
Tomorrow we might have 2 or 3 inches of snow!
Be prepared for bad driving conditions!!!'

Well what hell, we get 2 or 3 inch snowfalls
at least twice a month all winter.  It's not a
big deal unless it's gonna be 12 inches or
an inch of ice under the snow.  Why we've
even had 30 inch snowfalls.  (Now that is
overwhelming.)  But they still sound the
alarm at any piddling little storm!

Regards, Bob S.