Howdy,

I recently (ie., today) picked up a used FA 70-200 power zoom lens,
and I was wondering if anyone here knew something about it, as it
doesn't seem to be in the current lens catalogue.

There's a push button and sliding switch on the side of the barrel
just forward of the zoom ring that I can't figure out. The switch
has three positions, marked "P  A -> AS". The switch will click
between between P and A, but can only be pushed from the "A" to
"AS" position briefly before it springs back.

Has anyone any idea what these controls do? They don't seem to have
any effect on the operation of the lens with my MZ-5n.

Any info or pointers would be appreciated,
--
Kristian