> The extra ap blade would be nice.

Yes, Steve.  Not only does nine blades make for a slightly rounder
aperture opening than eight, but some current thinking claims that an
~odd~ number of diaphragm blades is better than an even number for good
bokeh. (Of course, all of this would be significant only if the lens is
stopped down, since the aperture opening on most lenses, including both
50/1.2's, is round wide-open, when the diaphragm blades totally retract
out of sight.)

It actually is surprising that Pentax made such a diaphragm blade change
from the K to the A versions (which otherwise seem quite similar, except
for a coating difference) - the 50/1.2's are not exactly high-volume
sellers - <g>.  I remember when I first spotted the difference pointed
out on Boz's site, and I did a proverbial "double-take" - <g>.

Fred