On Dec 28, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Adam Maas wrote:

The 10-20 had serious issues when originally released (As many Sigma's
do). But they've got the issues under control and you can now reliably
get a good copy (As happens to many Sigma designs once Sigma has
ironed out their production bugs). It's heavy but not particularly
large (Remember this is the equivalent of a 15-30mm lens, everything
else of similar range is larger)

I don't know what about it being an equivalent field of view on some other camera would make any difference.

The Sigma 10-20 is about three and a quarter by three and half inches in size and weighs about a pound. The Pentax 12-24 is about the same. The Pentax 14 I chose was a stop faster and a bit shorter, a little bit lighter weight. Not a big difference between the three lenses.

I don't trust Sigma quality control. At all. I've never seen them "iron out their production bugs" ... people are still complaining about bad units on the 30mm f/1.4 on new purchases three years after it was introduced.

Godfrey