I picked up a Takumar-A 70-200 zoom and
used it size-by-side with the Pentax-A 70-210.
Same body, switched back and forth to verify
what I saw in the finder.
The Takumar version while not "bad", whatever
that means, didn't provide the sense of depth
most similar to the human eye's optics.
(I think that's what we really look for in images.)
The cutoff between in and out-of focus areas was
very sharp.  There seemed to be much less flow
between the areas.
The next step, which I'm not able to do, would be
to make enlargements and see the difference.
Can one be happy with the Takumar-A?  Certainly.
I know several people who are.  Would it be my
first choice?  I'd rather have another of the old
Sears 80-200 zooms.  The later ones were "A" and
I (personally) think better zooms than the Tak-A.

my2c,

Collin